League Format: Each ice time is regarded as a 3 game series, each period being its own ‘mini game’ within the overall series. 2 points will be awarded for a series win, 1 point for a series tie, 0 points for a series loss.
Game Times: Each series is scheduled for 1 hour of ice time. Warm-ups will be 3 minutes. Periods/Mini-Games will be running time for 18 minutes, no rest period between each mini game.
- 1 referee will be provided for each game.
- Penalties will be called and a penalty shot awarded.
- Penalty Shot Procedure: Shooter will proceed on the referee whistle and the remaining players may give chase from the far blue line.
- The penalty shot will be a ‘live puck’ if it does not go in the net.
- Face-off starts each mini game.
- If a goal is scored, the scoring team needs to vacate the zone and tag-up at the near blue line before re-entry.
- When a goalie covers a puck, the attacking team needs to vacate the zone and tag-up at the near blue line before re-entry.
- 3-line passes will be treated as a minor rule infraction (i.e. icing, offsides, etc.), the referee will blow the play dead and award a change of possession.
- Teams will not change ends during the games.
- Teams listed first on the schedule are home and the teams listed second are away.
- “Downed Player Rule” (If a player lays on the ice and play has to be stopped to help get the player up, that player must sit for 10 minutes)