2021 Summit Series 3v3 Rules
League Format: The Summit Series Tournament will have 1 hour 10 minute ice times. Each game will consist of three mini games that will be known as a best-of-three series of ‘periods/Mini game’ within the overall game. Each mini game is won, lost, or tied.
- Mini game win = 3 point
- Mini game Tie = 1 point
- Mini game loss = 0 point
- Mini game series win = 1 point
- Possible 10 points max
Game Times: Each game is scheduled for 1 hour and 10 minutes. The mini games will be three individual running time games. Warmups will be 3 minutes with no rest period between each mini game. Each mini game will be 21 minutes with running time.
- 1 referee will be provided for each game.
- No penalties will be called.
- The referee will face the puck off at the start of each shift.
- If a goal is scored, the goal scoring team needs to vacate the zone and touch up at the near blue line and then can re-enter after touching up
- When a goalie covers a puck, the attacking team needs to vacate the zone and touch up at the near blue line and then can re-enter after touching up.
- Each shift will be 1:30 and will end on the buzzer for the 2012-2015 and U8 ages.
- Teams will not change ends during the games.
- Teams listed first on the schedule are home and the teams listed second are away.
- “Down Rule” (If a player lays on the ice and play has to be stopped to help get the player up, that player must sit for 10minutes).
Pool Play standings will be kept and can be found on the homepage for the 2014 Summit series. Each team will play each other once and the teams will be seeded by their finish in the standings on the Summit Series page. Each age group will have their own page with standings.
Championship Playoff Round formats are subject to change—Pool standings will be determined by total points. After Pool Play, a tie in points will be resolved by the following criteria:
- Head-to-Head: The ted teams are ranked in a descending order according to the win-loss result of games played between the tied teams. In a 3-way scenario [where (a) each team has defeated 1 of the other tied with, while losing to the other or (b) where all 3 have tied each other] then the tiebreaker advances.
- Most Wins: The tied teams are ranked in a descending order according to most wins during all preliminary round games (most wins takes precedence over least wins).
- Quotient by Scoring: The tied teams are ranked in a descending order according to Goals For (GF) divided by Goals Against (GA) during all preliminary games (greater ‘Q’ takes precedence over lower). Tournament Rules & Protocols (cont’d) o In a divide by zero scenario (where a team has no goals against) that team shall be ranked ahead of teams that allowed 1 or more goals. Goals for and against are determined as a total scored in 3 mini-games.
- Fewest Goals Against: The teams with the fewest goals allowed in pool play. Each team will be allowed a single 1 minute time-out during Championship and 3rd place games.
After teams are seeded in the standings, the first place team will play the second place team. The third place team will play the second place.